This project is read-only.

Having an Issue with sending Query Parameters

May 27, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Problem

2 BDC List, I am trying to connect from one BDC list to another and send the "Query Values" not filter values and the dialog box appears but its blank, no elements in it just beige color background.

if i do filter values it works just fine but i need to query another application.

Coordinator
May 27, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Are you quering non-BDC application? Have you tried sending Query to BDC list?

May 29, 2009 at 11:41 PM

I can send data into any bdc list using any filter except the wrapper, it comes up with the connection configuration dialog but when i choose Send Query Values to and hit configure it just go all blank in the dialog box.

2 bdc list, 1 bdc wrapper.

Coordinator
May 30, 2009 at 3:46 AM

BDC lists can communicate via filter. You send query to ther web parts that understand DataRor interface.

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2009 at 7:08 PM

maybe didnt make myself clear, or i dont understand your response.

I dont want to "Filter" i want to "Send a selected falue" from BDC-A to BDCWrapper then "Send from the Wrapper" to BDC-B as a "Query value". It dosnt allow me to do this...

Query to BDC-A w/ Relation to BDC-B = OK

I dont want to use a relation list or put it in the querystring to use a querystring filter to send a query, so i opted to use the bdcwrapper to talk to Two differnt ADF's

BDC-A "send selected item to bdcwrapper" = OK!
BDCWrapp "send value to for query" (notice not filter) BDC-B  = ERROR (blank screen)

BDC-A "sendto dvcwrapper" = OK!
BDCWrapper "send filter value to" BDC-B = OK!

[QueryString Filter | CurrentUser | Textbox | ect] "send query value to" BDC = OK

why can i send selected values from any other bdc webpart as a "query" to a bdc webpart and it works but not the bdc wrapper?

Jun 30, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Has this problem been solved? Indeed I have the exact same problem. I would like to send a QUERY value from a BDC list A to a BDC list B.But as rlkozar when I try to connect the warper to send a query value to my BDC list B the dialog box to set up the connection is empty.

I don't want to send a Filter value but a Query value.

As I think I understand from your last posts the connection interface is different for query values? The BDC list want to consume a DataRow in that case? Is it right?